11 Aug Coronavirus, (COVID-19) Private Health only
Elysium Healthcare are following guidance from the government in response to the outbreak of Coronavirus, (COVID-19).
We have been working in partnership with all national health bodies to prepare ourselves so that the people we support and the staff who deliver care are kept safe. We have continuity plans in place for the organisation and each of our services. Our response team is led by our Chief Executive Officer, Executive Medical Director and our Group Director of Quality.
We want to assure you we are doing everything possible to reduce the risk of infection of Covid-19 for our patients and staff and to create as safe and comfortable an environment as possible at the clinic. We are following government guidelines and constantly reviewing our processes on infection control, including cleaning measures, use of face coverings, and social distancing.
Here are some of the measures we have put into place to reduce risks:
- As a patient, you will have the option to attend face-to-face clinics with our Consultants and Therapists if your treatment has already begun taking place via telephone or video consultations and you are more comfortable with this option, your treatment can continue this way. New patients will be required to attend for initial consultations in most cases before remote support can be considered.
- Staff and patients will be expected to wear face masks, coverings or shields when moving throughout the clinic. This includes Consultants and Therapists during your appointment times. Please note children under the age of 11 are exempt from this expectation.
- We kindly request you to arrive wearing a face mask or covering where possible; however, disposable masks (and clinical waste bins for their disposal) are available at reception.
- We have reduced the number of people in the waiting room to a maximum of four at a time. Alternative waiting areas have been identified if required. However, we kindly ask that you arrive as close to your appointment time as possible to minimise the amount of time when you may be in the waiting areas.
- You may be offered alternative waiting areas on your arrival if we have reached capacity. Alternatively, if you prefer, you can wait outside the clinic.
- We kindly request that no one apart from patients enter the clinic. If you are accompanied by another person, they will not be able to enter the clinic, unless you are a child under the age of 18 and are accompanied by a parent or carer or unless you have a particular need requiring the assistance of a carer or support worker.
- We have put up signs to remind staff and patients to maintain appropriate social distancing.
- We have installed a protective screen at the reception desk.
- Hand sanitiser is available at various points in the clinic for both patients and staff to use.
- We have increased our daily cleaning of surfaces and touch points around the clinic. This will include clinical areas being cleaned between each patient.
- We will be staggering our clinic times to reduce numbers of patients on site at any one time.
- Consultants and Therapist can open a window during your appointment to increase ventilation in consultation rooms.
- We will ask you to settle your payment one day prior to your appointment by telephone to reduce face to face when using card machines.
Patients are reminded that if they are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 (e.g. persistent cough, fever, loss of sense of smell, etc.) that they should not attend the clinic in person.
If you have a medical reason making it difficult to adhere to this guidance, please speak to a member of staff.
We will be reviewing the guidance regularly in line with government advice, therefore you may find changes when you visit the clinic.
Please note our re-opening is subject to change at short notice if local or national government advice changes in the meantime.
If you have any questions or concerns please call on 01273 059700 and ask to speak to:
Dawn Eve (Clinic Director Administrator)
Matt Bordonada (Lead Therapist)
Ann Gunn Levete (Clinic Director)
We will be happy to assist you in any way that we can.
Families, carers and friends who have questions or concerns can speak with the Service Manager directly or email them at: FamilyandCarerEnquiries@elysiumhealthcare.co.uk
The most up to date public advice and information can be found at: gov.uk/coronavirus
This up to date public advice and information using British Sign Language can be found at: https://www.signhealth.org.uk/coronavirus/