24 Jan Phoenix House reopens following refurbishment
We are pleased to announce that Phoenix House, based in Welshpool, is open for referrals following its refurbishment.
Phoenix House is a specialist recovery and rehabilitation service for women, and works with the Service Users to engage in an agreed rehabilitation programme within a homely environment in the heart of the local community. The aim is to prepare and enable women to move on successfully into the community within identified timescales.
The site prides itself on being able to offer a bespoke, tailored therapy model for each individual regarding their care, thus enabling strong collaboration and engagement with the Service User and Phoenix House team, ongoing and positive communication along the process of their treatment pathway, ultimately leading to better outcomes.
- Women over the age of 18
- Primary diagnosis of personality disorder or mental illness
- Detained under the Mental Health Act 1983
- Complex presentations/needs
- Ongoing challenging behaviour
- Potential for engagement
What we provide for the Service User:
- Overall treatment model follows My Shared Pathway/Recovery Star philosophy
- Bedrooms with en-suite facilities
- Recreational areas/garden area
- Activity and therapy rooms/multi faith room
- Specifically designated kitchen areas for Service Users to cook, bake and carry out tasks independently
- A library with books, games and DVDs
- Specific visitor’s room, enabling Service Users to maintain close contact with family and friends
- Multi-disciplinary team, including psychiatrists, psychologists, occupational therapists and support workers
- Pathways identified via collaboration with Service Users and clinical team
- Own named nurse and key worker
- Social inclusive therapies
- Real work opportunity programme
Welshpool offers access to Powys Castle and gardens, extensive therapeutic walks, a fully equipped leisure centre including a swimming pool, gym, bowls hall, community-run learning groups with internal coffee shop. The area is also served by regular train services to/from Birmingham, Telford, Shrewsbury and Chester, only 60 minutes from Chester and 90 minutes by car from Liverpool, Birmingham and Stoke-on-Trent.
Click here to learn more about Phoenix House.