27 Jan New Personality Disorder Treatment Pathway for Men at Chadwick Lodge, Milton Keynes
We are delighted to introduce a new Personality Disorder Treatment Pathway for men at Chadwick Lodge. The service specialises in treatment programmes for patients who have a history of offending behaviour.
Psychology Informed Personality Disorder Treatment Pathway
The Personality Disorder Treatment pathway is designed for men displaying moderate or severe personality pathology, according to the ICD 11 categorisation. Patients may have traits of any of the Personality Disorders detailed in the DSM-5, however the service is particularly targeted for individuals with anti-social, narcissistic, borderline and avoidant traits.
The service runs a psychologically informed, therapeutic community model that incorporates a mix of group intervention and individual work. The group work offered is informed by;
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Mentalisation-Based Therapy (MBT)
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT)
Rather than focusing on an offence specific or deficit specific intervention, the service provides a Recovery Programme that works on the premise that when PD is functionally linked to offending, addressing the Personality dysfunction would minimise the likelihood of re-offending. The Programme therefore adopts a holistic approach with four key components:
- Foundation Module
- Affective Functioning
- Interpersonal Functioning
How does the programme work?
The Programme aims to develop;
- Emotional regulation and distress tolerance through a DBT informed approach
- Healthier thinking patterns through schema informed work and Compassion Focused Therapy
- Improved interpersonal functioning through MBT and CBT, with a focus on developing a secure attachment style
In addition to the Recovery Programme, which is our central treatment, patients will be able to access individual sessions of EMDR, schema therapy and Healthy Sexual Interests, dependent on their psychological need.
Benefits for patients
- Access to a wide range of psychological interventions that are combined to create a bespoke package that is unique to each individual
- Ward based activities are designed around the psychological needs of the patients
- Each patient’s length of stay is as short as possible due to the wide range of tailored interventions
The new treatment pathway is part of the Chadwick Lodge and Eaglestone View service that provides the following range of specialist services for men and women;
- 3 x Medium Secure Male Wards
- 2 x Low Secure Male Wards
- 1 x Medium Secure Female Ward
- 2 x Low Secure Female Wards
For more information about Chadwick Lodge please contact Janine Strange.