We are delighted to announce that our new Specialist Rehabilitation Service, Victoria Gardens, is due to open on 18th March.
Victoria Gardens provides specialist rehabilitation for Service Users with complex mental health needs and behaviours that challenge. The aim of the service is to equip Service Users with the skills required for community living and increased independence, incorporating elements of the Good Lives Model, supported by individualised interventions.
The service is located in Huyton, Liverpool, benefitting from excellent transport links and amenities such as local shopping centres, public parks, supermarkets, sports facilities and a library.
The service provision:
- Full multidisciplinary team with Nursing, Consultant Psychiatrist, Psychologist, Occupational Therapist and Social Worker support
- Small wards consisting of dining area, communal lounge, laundry and rehabilitation kitchen. All bedrooms are en-suite
- Dedicated therapy space where Service Users can undertake comprehensive therapy programmes
- Four self-contained apartments creating a step-through pathway from inpatient stay to pre-discharge to residential community living, where Service Users are encouraged to self-cater, manage their medication and engage with real work opportunities
- The use of technology as a learning, social and leisure resource
- Maximised access to everyday community facilities
- Bespoke goal setting and collaborative working with Service Users and their families/carers
Our philosophy at Victoria Gardens is based on maximising quality of life and encouraging social and community integration. Given the specific needs of our Service Users, the MDT work on an interdisciplinary basis, informed by functional analysis to develop highly personalised care plans, focussed heavily on emotional regulation, increased self-esteem and the development of anxiety management skills.
To learn more about the service, arrange a visit or make a referral, please contact:
24hr referral line: 0800 218 2398