Community based learning disability service for six men aged 18 years and over.
More information about The Woodlands
The Woodlands is a specialist community based home for 6 men living with a learning disability and or autism. Clients may also have unstable epilepsy, profound and multiple communication difficulties, sensory impairments and physical health problems. We also support people with genetic disorders such as Prada Willi and other conditions or syndromes based on individual needs.
We welcome clients who are currently living in the community, such as the family home or supported living but require more structured care and support, as well as those who are transitioning out of residential schools and require ongoing care and support.
- Individual tailored, person-centred care and support
- Multiagency & family partnerships for an holistic care pathway
- Active service user involvement in care planning
- Positive behaviour management strategies
- Access to meaningful activities seven days a week
- A robust governance system with an emphasis on safeguarding
- Access to an independent advocacy.
- Community engagement, leisure and vocational opportunities