Set in 11.5 acres of land with beautiful views of the Welsh countryside of Caerphilly, Aberbeeg is a secure hospital providing low and medium secure services for men. Our Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) puts least restrictive practice at the centre of every individualised plan of care.
From admission to discharge, the service user works with the team to develop a route to recovery that is unique to them. At Aberbeeg Hospital, we embrace both creativity and evidence-based new practices to enhance the lived experience of every individual.
More information about Aberbeeg
Model of Care
Bevan Ward (low secure) uses a twelve-week therapeutic planning model alongside the “Safewards” model of care. This means that service users have a therapeutic timetable devised collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team using meaningful and smart goals for a twelve-week period. Following this, the timetable is reviewed and changed to reflect the development and achievements made. Each service user develops a Positive Behavioural Support (PBS) plan with their primary nurse and the wider multidisciplinary team where applicable.
Taliesin Ward (medium secure) works to the same model of care as our low secure environment and will be a research centre for the evaluation of “Safewards” in conditions of medium security. Least restrictive practice will be at the centre of the care.
Taliesin medium secure ward is now open and is accepting referrals.
- Men aged 18 to 65 who are liable to be detained under the Mental Health Act 1983 (amended 2007) and Code of Practice for Wales
- Those who have a primary diagnosis of a mental health problem, personality disorder, mild learning disability and/or drug and alcohol complications
- Aberbeeg accept referrals from the Local Health Boards
- Aberbeeg will accept patients from Wales who require medium secure care according to the assessments of The Welsh Health Specialised Services Committee (WHSSC).
- En-suite bedrooms
- Games room
- Therapy kitchen
- Wellbeing area
- Spacious garden with outdoor seating