Coming Soon - Bere Clinic
Eating Disorder Service
Bere Clinic is being developed to provide specialist eating disorder service for the assessment and treatment of young people aged 12 up to 18 years old. The service will also be able to support young people transitioning from CAMHS to adult services and will open later in 2021.
There will be an Ofsted registered independent school onsite which will offer education from Key Stage 3 (KS3) through to GCSE and A-levels. The education team will work to enable young people to continue with their schooling whilst receiving treatment, in partnership with their local school and education authority.
The Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) at Bere Clinic will consist of a Consultant Psychiatrist, Associate Specialist, Psychologist, Nurses, Dietician, Therapeutic Care Workers, Activity Coordinators, education, and occupational therapy teams. The aim of the service will be to work closely with young people and their families on their goals, including supporting the young person to restore to a healthy weight and make progress towards recovery from their eating disorder.
Every young person has different needs, and the plans of care will cover:
- Mental health
- Developmental needs
- Physical health
- Education, training, and meaningful activity
- Family support, functioning
- Social functioning
- Spiritual and cultural
- Primary diagnosis of an eating disorder – Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Avoidant Restrictive Food Intake Disorder, Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorder
- Aged 12 to 18 years (up to 18th birthday)
- All referrals will receive a response by the next working day
- All suitable referrals will be offered a comprehensive assessment prior to admission