What are cookies?
Your browser’s preferences can permit a website to send its own cookie to your browser. Many websites do this automatically whenever a user visits their website in order to report on website traffic. Your browser will prevent a website accessing the cookies sent to you by other websites.
A number of cookies Elysium use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the website and will last for longer.
Some cookies are set by us and called first party cookies. We also use third party cookies – which are cookies from a domain different than the domain of the website you are visiting. These third party cookies enable certain website functionality or provide us with aggregate website usage information.
- recognise when a visitor to the Elysium Healthcare website has visited before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to the website and allows us monitor the traffic to the website to make sure we have enough capacity to ensure the website works efficiently for the number of users that we get;
- store the user’s details (locally on their browser) in completing a form on the website so that the form contains the user’s details (using the same browser); and
- collect statistical information about how our visitors use the website(s) so that we can improve the website(s) and learn which parts are most popular to visitors.
What types of cookies do we use?
We may use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies – These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site may not work then.
- Analytical or Performance Cookies – These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functional Cookies – These are used to recognise you when you return to our website.
- Targeting Cookies – These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
In the sections below, we set out further information on the cookies we use.
How can you manage cookies?
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer’s website.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Third Party cookies
|Cookie Name||Cookie Description|
__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmv, __utmz
Definition: Tracking of website user data.
Duration: 2 years
khcookie, NID, SNID and PREF
Definition: Set and used by Google Maps to provide interactive location maps.
Duration: 1 month
Definition: Popup to inform of cookie collection and get user consent.
Duration: 1 month
Definition: Set and used by WordPress to test for cookie capability
Duration: 1 month
Contacting Elysium Healthcare
If you would like to know more about anything we have said here or have any questions, please contact our Data Protection Officer at 2 Imperial Place, Maxwell Road, Borehamwood, WD6 1JN; Telephone: 020 8237 1800; or email IG.Info@elysiumhealthcare.co.uk.