04 Feb Gladstone House – new service provision at Adderley Green
We are delighted to announce that our Neurological Care Centre, Adderley Green in Stoke-on-Trent, is expanding. Gladstone House will provide complex care packages for residents over the age of 65 with progressive neurological conditions and Dementias. Care packages can be for assessment, respite or longer term care and the service is due to open at the end of March 2019.
The service is split into three units;
- Mossfield is a 12 bed service providing long and short care for progressive neurological conditions for adults over the age of 65
- Berry Hill is a 16 bed service providing assessment and discharge planning for adults over the age of 65 with progressive neurological conditions
- Anchor View is a 12 bed service that provides long term care for adults over the age of 65 with complex needs
The Service Provision:
- Full interdisciplinary team with respiratory and rehabilitation specialities and experience
- Bespoke Dementia friendly environment for all clients
- Spacious therapy areas where clients can undertake comprehensive therapy programmes
- Rehabilitation programmes to support normalisation
- Dedicated Therapy and activity Assistants who help integrate clients into the community as much as possible
- The use of assistive technology
- Bespoke goal setting and measuring client progress against internationally recognised outcome measures in collaboration with the client and their family
All units at Gladstone House support:
- Residents with complex physical and health needs as a result of a progressive condition or neurological event with behaviours that may challenge
- Residents who have suffered an acquired brain injury presenting with behaviours that may challenge
All units have been designed for specialist Dementia care. The service has undergone extensive refurbishment and all ensuite rooms have their own personalised front door complete with a memory box with the resident’s curios and photographs on the outside.
Each unit has its own cinema and themed eating and seating areas. Residents will also be able to visit the Gladstone House bookmakers and Murphy’s, the onsite Public House! The corridors incorporate replicas of local community facilities including the village hall, Webberley’s book shop and Tiko bakery and cafe. Such areas stimulate memories and enhances the quality of life for our elderly residents.
Gladstone House is located in the heart of Bentilee near Stoke on Trent and provides residents with excellent opportunities to access the local community as part of their care and treatment pathway.